Travel Made Simple- Weekly travel update (12Oct21)
Things are opening up thick and fast for both the South African Tourism industry and for SA travellers.
Here is the latest:
- South Africa has gone from red to green on the UK travel list! Great news for our local tourism as well as for those looking to finally re-unite with friends and family! This all came into effect from yesterday the 11th October but for all the latest requirements please check with the UK government.
- India will open up to the rest of the world from the 15th October
- Australia is also slowly coming out of lockdown in various parts of the country. Sydney is open and Melbourne hopefully by the end of October.
- As you know we had the wonderful news of Mauritius opening up to South Africa but as usual this did come with its challenges such as have 5 different forms to fill out which caused much confusion. We are pleased to announce that the Mauritian government has stream lined the process and creating just one form. Phew!! You can find all the details on the websites of ATOL , Air Mauritius , MTPA and also on the mobile application, my Mauritius, launched jointly by ATOL and MTPA
- Staying with Mauritius, SAA has just announced that it will launch its flights to Mauritius from the 21st November.The SAA schedule is as follows:
- SA190 JNBMRU departs 09:45 arrives 15:45
- SA191 MRUJNB departs 16:35 arrives 18:35
Flights will operate on days 3 and 7 every week.
Well that is about it for this week but before I go I just want to re-iterate that we want to try make travel as simple as possible for you by informing you of all the latest developments. Things change on a day to day basis and most of the time we are the first to be informed and can relay this over to you. Please let me know if there is something you would like me to cover each week which might make things easier? You can mail me your questions or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Take care, keep safe and above all keep those dreams of travel alive!
Giles opened up Checkout Travel (Club Travel Fourways in those days) in 2003. He has travelled around the world, worked and operated in different facets of the travel industry and is passionate about researching and implementing new products and technologies. He completed his MBA in 2020 and is currently studying for an MA in Mindfulness. He is an avid cyclist, loves camping with his family and this adventure junkie’s best travel destination is South-East Asia. The next tick on his bucket list is to complete a journey across Bolivia’s remarkable salt flats. Giles heads up the sales and marketing of Checkout Travel.
Checkout our Jetsetter club
If you love travelling as much as we do, we know that you will love being part of our Jetsetter club. Being a Jetsetter means you get upfront discounts and insider tips on excursions and activities only known by the locals. From the moment you start dreaming about your journey until you arrive back home, you will have access to our travel experts who can answer all your burning travel questions.
Let our experienced team help create your perfect trip
Can't find what you're looking for? Get in touch with us, we’d love to help you out.